One of the most renowned and appreciated recipes served every day in our restaurants... and loved by everyone! Enjoy the famous Chef Libero truffle sauce!
If you weren't able to book an Italian getaway this summer, consider Libero's truffle pasta your one-way ticket to the Tuscan sunset. In lieu of traditional spaghetti, you can opt for ravioli, which are perfect for soaking up the thick, creamy sauce.
It's delicious for a romantic dinner, for a large party and for celebration in tuscany style.
- Difficulty: Easy
- Product: Chef Libero truffle sauce
- Time: 20 minutes
INGREDIENTS FOR 6 PEOPLE
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoon Chef Libero Truffle sauce
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 500g spaghetti or 600 grams fresh ravioli filled with spinach and ricotta cheese
- Boil the spaghetti (10 min) or ravioli (5 min) in salted water. In the meantime:
- Add butter to pan on medium-low heat and melt
- Add heavy cream and then Chef Libero truffle sauce.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add parmesan and stir
- Add cooked ravioli or Spaghetti "al dente" to pan along with a little of the cooking water, about 2-3 tablespoons.
- Simmer for an additional minute or so. Season with black pepper and serve immediately. Buon appetito!
WINE PAIRING SUGGESTION: Libero Chianti DOCG
For the homemade Ravioli
INGREDIENTS FOR 6 PEOPLE
- 6 to 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place 6 cups flour in a large bowl. Make a well in the center. Beat the eggs, water and oil; pour into well. Stir together, forming a ball. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 8-10 minutes, adding remaining flour if necessary to keep dough from sticking. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the filling ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Divide pasta dough into fourths; roll one portion to 1/16-in. thickness. (Keep pasta covered until ready to use.) Working quickly, place rounded teaspoonfuls of filling 1 in. apart over half of pasta sheet. Brush around filling with water to moisten. Fold sheet over; press down to seal. Cut into squares with a pastry wheel. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
WHEN I WAS IN FLORENCE WE HAD THE PLEASURE OF DINING AT THE MACHIAVELLI VILLA. I DON’T THINK THAT I HAD A BETTER MEAL DURING THE TWO WEEKS I SPENT IN ITALY. THE RAVIOLI WITH TRUFFLE SAUCE WAS AMAZING! I HAVE TALKED ABOUT THIS DISH FOR THE PAST TWO YEARS. I HAVE TOLD ANYONE THAT WAS PLANNING ON VISITING ITALY THAT THEY MUST STOP AND TASTE THIS DISH TO EXPERIENCE THE AMAZING FLAVOR OF FINE ITALIAN CUIZINE NOT TO MENTION THE VIEW AND DELICIOUS VARIETY OF WINE’S TO COMPLIMENT YOUR TASTE BUDS. IF I WERE TO RETURN TO ITALY THIS WOULD BE A #1 STOP ON MY LIST. DELIZIOSO, FANTASTICO, MANGIARE! MANGIARE!